Saturday, July 12, 2014

Butterflies from scraps....tip of the day

We've been having quite the debate here at Mountain Plains Crafters about scraps.  Do you save yours or toss 'em?  How about the edging of a 12 x 12 paper that you trim? 
Let me show you how one woman's junk is another woman's treasure.  

That strip that I could have tossed yielded 14 mini butterflies with my Cuttlebug and Paper Smooches butterfly die.  It took maybe 5 minutes or less.  If you REALLY want to get thrifty use the leftover frame as a mask to ink butterflies onto your project.  

While I was at it, I ran a few more cuts from a torn page out of an old magazine I bought at an antique/thrift store.  I chose the page that talked about bugs.  Clever, right?  Ha.  Why spend money on die cut vintage paper images when you can make your own?  

Have you got a crafty friend or group?  Each of you use a different die, make multiples, then share.  A fun way to use your scraps and get something new at the same time.  So there's your crafty tips.  Now get busy.....

Terri


Visit us on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment