Monday, October 27, 2014

A challenge....a recipe

Hello all!

I have been out of commission for a while. Hospitalized for a time and a pending surgery coming up. I needed some "me" time to play and reflect on all that I love. MariLynn and I try to touch base on a daily basis and I have her to thank for this creation. Her challenge for us was a "recipe". She picked two criteria and I picked two. MariLynn chose butterflies and pearls and I chose (forgetting I'd done something quite similar) the color teal and lace. I used a variety of dp and a piece of dictionary page. I sponged around the papers before I matte mod podged them onto the paper. The butterflies were cut from different dps with the exception of the light blue one with pearls (that is the SU! embosslit). I used the Unity stamps Art & Possibility, The Time is Now and an itty bitty. Also used Elements of Style from SU. I managed teal with bermuda bay ink, black ink for other stamping. Teal pearls were used on the body of my centerpiece butterfly and then white pearls for a trail. Teal lace in two different colors and an antique brad. Clear snap shiny spray was painted on the butterfly and sentiment. None of my glittery sprays work....suggestions...I believe I have tried them all!

Pam



This is MariLynn. This is my card that I made using the recipe of butterflies, pearls, teal and lace. I used this week's MojoMonday 369 sketch for my card. I took a piece of teal cardstock. I embossed it with my french script embossing folder and my cuttlebug. I then covered that teal cardstock with glue encyclopedia scraps and  white paint. I wanted it to dry quickly so I put it on a foil lined cookie sheet and I put it in my oven. It dried in 2 mins. I was very happy with the results. I might have to try it again. I let it cool and I used a stencil and copper inka gold. I also took gold paint and went over the embossed script. I cut it into thirds. I wanted to have my pearls for my butterfly trails. I only had straight pearl strips. So I cut each pearl apart and using tweezers and put them down one at a time. It was fun playing with this recipe. If you would like to play along. All for fun of course,  be sure to include 1. Butterflies  2. Pearls  3. Teal  4 Lace on your card and link it in the comments section.

4 comments:

  1. Great cards - love the techniques and colors! Great idea to add lace too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing stuff, you two. Super gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love butterflies and I love your cards!

    ReplyDelete