Thursday, June 19, 2014

My Comfort Zone...

Deb here with a new card that took me out of my comfort zone. My usual cards are created by stamping using an ink pad.. I have used many kinds of ink - pigment, dye and chalk. Tim Holtz Distress Ink pads ( a water-based dye ink ) are among my favorites so I had to have his Distress Markers when they were released in 2012. I have used them most often to color in an image but this time wanted to use the Direct-to-Stamp coloring with markers method. I chose a daisy stamp, that was not too detailed,  to see how well the technique worked. I was very pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it and even stamped several images using different shades of yellows and greens.. I had my 2 colors chosen, quickly colored the image and then breathed onto the stamp to "re-activate" the ink in case some of the ink had dried. The image was then stamped onto some watercolor paper and used as the focal point for my card. I love the look of the image and know I will be using this method over and over again. I even have several other floral stamps chosen to work with. I will also try some more detailed designs. Others methods are to mist the colored image with water before stamping; mist both the stamp and the paper or even just mist the paper before stamping.  This will give the image more of a blurred watercolor effect. Hope you like it. Let me know if you like to use this method for your projects or if you have any tips for me... 


Supplies : DCWV glittered card base, Inkadinkado Daisy stamp, Tim Holtz washi tape, 
Distress Markers in Mustard Seed and Forest Moss,  Unity Stamp Company "Basically Said" Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment