Saturday, May 3, 2014

A Pillow inspired dragonfly

PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO LAST MONDAY'S POST TO PLAY IN OUR FIRST INSPIRATION CHALLENGE AND YOU MIGHT WIN!
I did this for the mix challenge from Friday on Split Coast Stampers which was to incorporate a flying object and their inspiration challenge today is the World Market. I chose this throw pillow 
http://www.worldmarket.com/product/d...ow.do?&from=fn
I stamped my image in versa mark on mixed media paper and then embossed in olive. Using a combination of watercolors and markers, I colored in my dragonfly. Next, I colored the bg with the starfruit marker...then using my wet finger, blended the starfruit a bit. Some gold glimmer mist was added and purposely dripping a few spots. The encyclopedia page was randomly sponged, crumbled and then dragged through the tempting turquoise pad, ripped and put on layer of card stock using modpodge. Once that was dry, I added the twine after it was dragged through turquoise pad and then sprayed some more glimmer mist. Ribbon, handquilled roses, a shimmered up chipboard heart, button, embroidery thread help to finish it off!
Have a beautiful Saturday everyone!!!!!

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2515158#ixzz30fOI4OVG

Stamper's Anonymous dragonfly, Unity sentiment, Ink: tempting turquoise, black, melon mambo, only orange, summer sun, modpodge, handquilled flowers, ribbon, glimmer mist, burlap, leaf 
embosslit, button, embroidery thread

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. I really like how the wings of the dragonfly look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looove the SA stamp! I love that blueprint style. The colors are so vibrant here!

    ReplyDelete