Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Animals Everywhere!

We're going critter crazy today at Mountain Plains Crafters!
Everyone loves a cute little bunny, a fuzzy kitten, a silky fox
and this Design Team is no exception!


Look...Squirrel!
Paula



I think my owl needs a name.  How about....Harvey?  Works for me.  He's just hanging out on a snowy branch, chillin' and shivering 'cause there's a nip in the air!
Terri


I was going to make a card with a deer on it. I really was but when I was going through my stamps, this wolf stamp started howling my name. I have had him for months, but I hadn't inked him up yet. He spoke to my twisted sense of humor as well. I knew that everyone else on the design team was going to bring "cute" critters. They would just provide a buffet for my wolf. Either that or he ate the deer I was going to stamp, and he is full now.
MariLynn


I have had kitties my entire life; right now, my furry friend's name is Salem...and I'm terribly allergic to him! Right before I made this card, I touched him with one hand to get him off the couch, hoping not to trigger an allergy attack. I guess one touch was too much, because I ended up with itchy eyes, nose and throat and the sneezes! Oh, well I still love him and I love this watercolored kitty card, too! >^.^<
 Christina


I fell in love with this ribbon when I saw it in the clearance bin and bought it to use with some mushroom stamps.Then I spotted this cute hedgehog stamp and my card went in a totally different direction. Used my Inktense & Metallic watercolor pencils and a blender pen to color the little guys. Popped up the banner with some dimensionals and my 2 cute critters are ready to go !!
Debra

BUNNIES!! I love all things cute and cuddly and when Lawn Fawn came out with these sweet little hippity-hops, I was done. I used my Spectrum Noir markers to color them in, and since I splurged & got the matching dies as well cutting them out was a breeze! Some Tombow adhesive to hold some bits down, foam tape to pop the rest, add the heat embossed vellum sentiment and done! Now keep your wolf away from them, MariLynn! :P
Jennifer

Thanks for joining us today.  We had fun making these critter cards.  Have you got a critter card?  Head on over to our Facebook page and show us what you've got.  We'd love to see!



2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love that ribbon, Debra! It is just way too cute! :) Wonderful job from the entire talented DT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the critters! The hedgehogs with the banner and the wolf is outstanding, and the kitties-we understand...adopted a maltipoo that does the same to the whole family but we love her to pieces. The kitties are adorable. Harvey is great with his sparkly branch...

    ReplyDelete